Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Beautiful Antique Armoires

I've posted before about my love for antique armoires, specifically the Louis Philippe style from the 1800's, but as we are nearing our move (only 1 and 1/2 weeks until we start moving in furniture!) I'm finding myself daydreaming about decorating and of course, antique armoires! Now, realistically, we will have to use something we already have for now until one day when we hopefully stumble across one of these beauties for a steal, but I can still dream! (Amy, when you go to Scott's this weekend, you can be on the lookout for these and maybe use your magic to talk them down in price! ha!) Here are some of the ones I found on ebay that caught my eye...prices ranging from $2,000 - $11,000...yikes...way way way out of my budget!








Now back to the real world! Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you should come to thrift stores in Atlanta - you could find one of these for much, much, much cheaper!

The Gentrys said...

Really Elizabeth? Just tell me where to go and I'll make a road trip!!!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh one place you should definitely try is The Step Up Society which is on Monroe in Midtown. It is amazing (although at the end of the year they cleared out the store to start the new year fresh so they don't have as many knick knacks right now...). You might also try Consignment Furniture Depot which is in Chamblee and sometimes has some good deals - St. Vincent De Paul is right next door and I've found some excellent things there! Chamblee generally has good thrift stores. You should definitely try Scarlet Loves Rhetro which is also in Midtown (it's a few blocks from Step Up which is also a few blocks from my house). While this isn't a true thrift store, they still have some amazing prices on things. There is also a place south of town that has only furniture and they open like...the first weekend of the month or something like that...I'll have to find their site. They have some really nice things for great prices. For fear of overwhelming you, I will stop there. I absolutely love going treasure hunting and I have scoped out some great places since moving here in September. You can email me if you have any questions at all-- andereg@auburn.edu.