




Muslin Swaddle Blankets by Aden and Anais: These are a recent find. We were loving our flannel swaddle blanket in the winter, but as it has started getting hot, she would wake up sweaty so we needed something lighter. These blankets are almost sheer. They are very breathable and soft and they stretch so you can really get them swaddled tightly. They are also bigger than most swaddle blankets. I think they are perfect for summer and though I haven't had to try it yet, think they will also be perfect to throw over us if we have to nurse somewhere other than our house. I'm not a fan of nursing in public, but have had to once or twice in the waiting room at the doctor's office and EC got SO hot under the blanket that she wouldn't eat! I have thrown it over her carseat when the sun was shining right in her face in the car and it worked great. She wasn't upset because she wasn't in the dark, but didn't have it glaring in her face (I was also sitting right next to her too while Phil was driving and I didn't cover it completely). 
Little Lamb Swing by Fisher Price: My sister Ali gave this swing to us and I really don't know what we would do without it! EC has had a difficult time taking a complete nap in her bed. Ever since she was just a few weeks old, she would nap for 30-45 minutes in her bed and then wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. In the last 2 weeks she's started even falling asleep completely on her own in her bed, but again cannot settle herself back down after she wakes up 1/2 way through. So I've let her fuss for awhile to see if she'll go back to sleep and she never has, but if I move her to the swing I never hear another peep and usually have to wake her up when nap time is over! She loves it! And Kristi, she loves her Aubie lovie too, as you can see!

Blanket by Bean Sprouts: She LOVES this blanket and in the first few weeks, this blanket was the best way to settle her down when she fussed. I think it was because she liked to be really warm and cozy in those first few weeks and this really did it!

itzbeen timer: This timer was a life saver during the first week or two at home when we were trying to make sure she was having enough dirty/wet diapers and feeding her regularly. That first week or two I felt like a zombie and this helped so much! Instead of trying to count back to the last time I had fed her or whatever, I could just look at this little counter. It also has a nightlight and backlight for nighttime feedings and a clock, an alarm and a little switch to let you know which side you started nursing on last time. I thought this was completely ridiculous before she was born, but was SO glad I had it afterwards! Now in all honesty, I only used it the first week or so until we got on a somewhat of a schedule and I got my head back on straight. Oh, and it's tiny and clips onto your pants or diaper bag...for some reason I thought it was going to be big and bulky...it's not.


Ralph Lauren gowns and sleepers: We had two of the gowns in size 3 months when EC was born and they were the only gowns that fit her...even the newborn gowns we had were too big in her neck and arms. These were perfect! All their clothes seem to run small. She is wearing a 6 month size in all Ralph Lauren sleepers and clothes now. We have one footed sleeper that she wears as often as I can keep it washed. It is so soft and lightweight so I don't worry about her getting hot, but know she is cozy. Planning to pick up another one when I get to Tuscaloosa next...and TJMaxx has a ton of their stuff for really good prices...that is where I got the footed sleeper and most of her clothes.

Whale of a Tub: This picture is from the 2nd week and she hated baths then, but now she loves them and this tub is really great!

Bumbleride Stroller: I love it because the handle flips over so she can face me!

Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat: Just a carseat, but we really like it and it is supposed to be one of the lightest ones...they are all pretty heavy!
And these were from pregnancy but I really loved them! It! Maternity jeans. I wore them every day while I was pregnant! And still can't get back into my regular jeans, but these fall down now.
More to come but EC is ready to eat so I have to cut this short! Oh and I LOVE the diaper bag I got for Mother's Day. It's Vera Bradley's new Baby Bag...I posted a pic a few days ago...and it is wonderful!
3 comments:
So glad you did this because it is amazing how fast you forget what was helpful for the early days (probably because of the sleep deprivation lol). I'm actually going to do a post soon for the stage we are in because there are so many little things that have been helpful. I really used my itzbeen those first few weeks too. I was lost without it! And it was much easier than trying to write everything down. Sounds like you are settling well into motherhood! She is precious!!
Thanks for posting these Ashley! We are getting ready for our little guy to arrive in August, so this was very helpful! Your pictures of Emma Cate are great...she is absolutely precious! Thanks for sharing
Hey Ashley! I'll have to file this one away for later - thanks! I'd be really interested to hear what you thought was unnecessary or not helpful, too.
Post a Comment