First things first, Emma Cate LOVES Jake so much it is hilarious! She always wants to be right next to him and squeals with delight when he licks her face or hands or feet...while I cringe because I'm thinking how germy his mouth is...but what can I do...she loves it! Jake loves her too and always wants to lay next to her.

We tried to start some solids this last month...starting with rice cereal. She hated it. We tried several times and she would clamp her mouth shut. So we tried a little applesauce and a little bananas and still no interest. She did like holding the spoon though.

We spent last week at the Gulf Coast and it was wonderful! We only saw oil the first day and there were tons of boats trying to keep it from coming ashore. Some did come up though so we just headed to the pool. Sadly, my baby didn't love the beach, or the pool! But once we took her back into the condo in the air conditioning, she was happy as she could be...hoping it was just a little too hot and she'll like it better next time.



Monday, Emma Cate turned 5 months old and she has changed so much this last month! She still doesn't like her tummy and immediately rolls to her back every time I put her on her tummy...so it may be awhile before she crawls! She wants to go straight to walking though. She loves her walker and loves to stand up and try to walk while I hold on to her. She is trying to sit up a lot now and can sit by herself until she realizes she is by herself and lowers herself to the ground.

We've thought she was teething for awhile now, but still no tooth...lots of drool and bubbles though!

I'm trying to break the swaddle to sleep in because she gets her arms out so fast and then wakes herself up. Instead, I have been letting her cuddle with her tiger lovey during naps only so I can check on her to make sure it isn't covering her face. That makes me so nervous, but she sleeps so much better with something to hold. Any suggestions for something safe to hold on to?
This little booty is so cute I just couldn't resist!

Phil and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last night. We had a date to Tuscaloosa and went to see "Inception" and dinner at DePalmas (Brooke, We got the Pasta DePalma and thought of you!) If you are in the mood for a good movie that makes you think, "Inception" was great!
Have a great weekend!
6 comments:
Those pictures make me smile and chuckle! Emma Cate is so pretty and cute as a button! Thank you for the updates and pics, Ashley!
We miss each of you!
Your little one is so precious. I have enjoyed seeing your updates!!
This is quite random, but I wanted to ask you some questions about your beautiful sofas. I'm on the hunt for a new couch and remembered liking yours. Would you mind emailing me? futrellkb at yahoo dot com. THANKS! Katie
Sweet pictures! Let's get together soon!
Emma Cate is so adorable!!! She sounds like she loves her dog like Lila does! I bet they are so cute around each other and so much fun to watch! Good luck weening from the swaddle. We did the one arm out thing for about a month until she got used to having an arm out to distract her. We've just now started with both arms out and she seems to be doing okay. Be patient, she'll get used to it!
Hey Ashley,
Emma Cate is getting more cute by the day! I aaw that you had tried rice cereal and she didn't like it. Avery never would eat it either. After a couple of attempts at rice, we tried oatmeal instead and she LOVED it. I have talked to several moms who had the same experience. We use organic Gerber and sometimes Beechnut. It might be worth a shot...
I love the ones of her in her room in the rocker! Can't wait to see ya'll this weekend!
Post a Comment