Friday, September 10, 2010

A Few Products We Love, Part 2 (and a few that I found unnecessary for us at least)

Aden and Anais "Issie" lovey blanket:

I wanted to give Emma Cate a lovey to sleep with to help with the transition from swaddling, but I was worried about giving her anything that she could bury her face in and make breathing difficult. These are super thin muslin just like the swaddle blankets we loved. They are so soft and the perfect size to snuggle, but completely breathable.



Farm Tails book by Jellycat:



My mother in law has these at the drug store and Emma Cate loves hers! She plays with it everyday and loves to chew the different tails.


This dress my sister found on clearance at babyGap. I love it because it is super soft and comfy. Unless we are going to church or somewhere where I need to dress her up, I keep her in comfy clothes - usually either a dress like this that I can pull on some soft pants under before naps (she sleeps better with pants on...not sure why) or a soft bubble. Comfort is the main goal...soft fabric, nothing with gathers or heavy stitching or anything that would dig into her skin while she rolls around and plays. I would have never thought about that before I had her...would have just picked out things I thought were cute... so just thought I would share!



Baby Bjorn Carrier "Air":

I originally bought a Moby wrap and while I used it some when Emma Cate was a newborn, it was just too time consuming to get on and off unless I was going to wear it for a long time. I liked how soft it was, but I wouldn't buy it again. Before we went on our trips this summer, we went ahead and purchased this carrier and I have used it every day since! It is lightweight, cool and comfortable for me and Emma Cate. A lot of times I'll take it with me shopping instead of the stroller and I use it everyday for walks around the yard. It's easy to take on and off and is really worth every penny.


Sophie the Giraffe Teether...a lifesaver!



This stroller fan saved us on our travels this summer with the terrible heat! It kept EC nice and cool. It was surprisingly hard to find a stroller fan though...I finally found this one at onestepahead.com. It has foam blades so little fingers and toes can't get hurt and it really makes a good breeze.



We bought this adorable doll with credit we had remaining at my favorite little baby shop in Tuscaloosa. EC loves her. The company is called "blabla" and all of their products are super cute! They are based in Atlanta, Ga. and have everything from knit dolls to mobiles...which are absolutely precious, but I didn't have enough credit to get one and they are too expensive for me to justify :( Love this mini doll though! Phil says it's the ugliest doll he's ever seen, but I let her pick it out and this is the one she leaned towards! I think she's cute!


The Angel Care monitor has saved me a lot of worry. It sets off an alarm if there is no movement (breathing) in the crib for 20 seconds. Thanks Nanny for giving it to us. Now that Emma Cate is moving around so much at night, sometimes I wish we also had a monitor with a camera so I could see her without going into her room. When she wakes up fussing at night and we are trying to get her to go back to sleep on her own, if I go in there it makes it way worse, so it would be nice to have a way to check without her seeing me. But all in all the Angel Care has been way more important so if I had to pick I'd go with this one.





I've mentioned before, but we love our Chicco play yard! We took it to the beach with us and she slept great in it and she plays in it ever day!




And finally how cute is this bedding from Pottery Barn Kids! No we do not have it so I really can't say it is great, but I hope they are still making it when it is time to move EC into her big girl room because I just love it!



Oh, and a few things I don't have pictures of...


Sassy baby powder scented bags...they are blue little bags that tie shut (find mine at Walmart) and come in packs of 50 or more. I use them for the nasty diapers - they totally mask the smell. I keep a few in the diaper bag in case I have a nasty diaper I have to throw away somewhere or even worse, that has to stay in the car for a little while! We bought a Diaper Champ, but if I could do it over, I would have just bought a regular trash can with a step lid opener and used these bags for the smelly ones. I know a lot of people like the Diaper Champ, but our handle sticks really bad so half the time I have to open the whole thing to throw a diaper away and it fills up fast...just all together I don't think it is necessary.


The Chicco Walker is WONDERFUL! I've posted pictures of Emma Cate in it before. She LOVES it and now goes all over the house in it and has a blast!

I'm sure there are lots of other things we aren't thinking about right now so more to come...
Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

The Dyer Family said...

i love that little giraffe - i'm tempted to get one even though we're just about over the teething hump. it's just so cute!
and we have the blabla lulu doll. i adore all things blabla (my mom even found a little sweater at a consignment shop - what a find!). i wish i had the money for the mobile because it would have been perfect in nealy's room.
great must have list!!! it's good to remember these things!