Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weesie's Visit and The Tractor

We enjoyed a wonderful visit from my mom, who we have finally decided will be called "Weesie" - that is what her mom and my dad have always affectionately called her since her name is Lisa. We had a great time visiting and even made a trip over to Livingston to drop off a chair for Emma Cate's room to be reupholstered. I always love when my mom visits. She is a really good decorator and is even better at landscaping - we always spend lots of time walking around the house and the yard thinking of new ideas. I'm looking forward to a visit later in the fall where she can help me do some planting and maybe my dad can help us build a deck in the backyard :)

How we managed to spend 2 days with her and not take any pictures of her with Emma Cate, I don't know...I guess we were just too busy playing to take pictures! Emma Cate loves playing with her Weesie and Jake is completely obsessed with her. I've never seen him get so excited when she arrived and so sad when she left. He's been moping around ever since she left us yesterday. Come back soon Mom!

Yesterday afternoon, Phil's dad was so nice to come over on his tractor to work on our greenfield. After he finished he came up to see Emma Cate and she got to sit up on the tractor with "Big Daddy" which she loved! She was a little unsure of the steering wheel at first, but then started putting both hands on it and moving it around like she was driving. (Don't worry, it wasn't moving!) She loved it though and I'm sure when she gets older, she will love riding around on the tractor! My little girl might just be a country girl after all!

We've had a very nice weekend and now I think I'm going to go take a quick nap before church while little one is napping! Have a wonderful Sunday!

2 comments:

Mary Lindsey said...

Awww that picture of my dad with Emma Cate is really cute! I know he loved having her up there. I'm excited about us getting the Newlin's old laptop with webcam on it. Now we can chat with y'all and get to see little EC!!

Weesie said...

I loved every minute with you all! Emma Cate is such a bright, alert, and beautiful baby--interested in everything going on around her! Give her some sugar for me and tell my little buddy Jake that his Weesie misses him, too!