Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sneak Peek of Emma Cate's New Room

So her room isn't quite finished, but I wanted to post parts of it that are, especially the wall mural my sweet sister spent so much time on while she was here this week!

But first, I didn't include a picture of Emma Cate's beautiful birthday invitation that my sister also designed because the only photo I had of it was from the party and the frame I had put it in had finger print smudges all over it that showed up in the photo...yuck! But I remembered Ali sent me a screen shot of it so I thought I'd share it with you. Ali actually cut out the "ONE" banner separately and stitched it onto the invite...it was too cute! (the theme for the party came from her new room's design)




So here are a few pictures of the room starting with the beautiful wall painting Ali did for us!

Photobucket

And the pillows on the big bed that she will eventually move into.

Photobucket

Her crib. My sewing machine is being serviced so I haven't had a chance to make the crib skirt, but will post another photo when it's finished and attached. Ali and I also are making pink tulle balls that are hanging at different lengths over the crib...it's going to be precious, but they take awhile to make and I ran out of tulle so more is being ordered!

Photobucket

Photobucket

More to come when it's all finished!

2 comments:

Weesie said...

Her room is beautiful. You and Ali outdid yourselves! Love Ali's tree mural, the pillows & fabric covered lampshades Ashley made. When can you girls come redo my house???

KariBeth and Josh Gentry said...

You guys are so talented!!! It is absolutely beautiful!!! I didn't get the artistic/creative gene :( She is going to love her new room