Friday, April 25, 2008

The most recent additions to our house...

We have exactly 1 year now until we relocate to Phil's hometown and I am so thrilled! We purchased our house last September and then knew we had 1 year and 8 months before we could move in (again it was an offer we couldn't refuse and had a lot of help). While that has made me very impatient, it has also been a blessing as I have been able to slowly pick up pieces of furniture along the way and I love. I am determined not to buy anything that I don't absolutely love just to fill a space or need. Since we have such a long time, I think I'll be able to do it! After all we don't need a house full of furniture when we move in, but it would be nice to have the basics and keep collecting along the way (I really don't want to take our purple corduroy sofa from the 70's...don't worry we have a nice white matelasse slipcover over it...but readjusting it 5 times a day over the last few years has gotten a little old!)

Here are two pieces I bought a few weekends ago...


I found this vintage drafting table in an antique shop in Hartwell, Ga.


This one is a Pottery Barn piece I have loved for forever and I found it at the outlet in Ga for 60% off!

Here are a few of the things currently on my wish list...

Celeste Chandelier from Pottery Barn


Patience Blue Floral Quilt from The Chandler Collection


Smocked Jute Curtains from The Chandler Collection


So while we can't do renovations in our home...at least I can plan how I want to decorate it and do some shopping along the way!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love your new finds especially the red chest! And I too love that chandelier from PB. Maybe you will find it at an outlet too! I think it is a great idea to buy a little here and there. It will give you enough time to really think about what you are buying instead of the impulse buy. We do have similar taste :)

John and Brooke said...

I am loving that red piece of furniture! I think I am going to those outlets on May 10 before a shower I have to go to in Atlanta. I hope I find fun stuff like you did!!