Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Corks and Canvas

Last night 7 girls from our Bible Study drove to Montgomery to spend the evening at Corks and Canvas painting geraniums (this picture is the one from their website of what it was supposed to look like). They post the painting they will do each night on their website so you can pick which one you want to paint and sign up for that night. The instructor walks you though the painting and encourages you go move pretty fast so you won't worry so much about it being perfect. We had a great time even though our paintings didn't turn out perfect (at least mine didn't, but I plan to work on it a little more at home!) In our defense, they did say it was not a painting for beginners so I think we did pretty good. It was such a great idea though for a group of women to do together (good job Brooke!) and I will definitely be going back!

4 comments:

Shealy said...

Your painting looks awesome!! Mine definitely stinks!

The Gentrys said...

Not true! Yours looks great! I think I like the painting from the internet (the one I posted) better than the one he painted last night. Not sure why, but I am going to work on mine and use this one as a model.

John and Brooke said...

Mine's going in a frame as is...I would only continue to mess it up even more if I tried to mess with it :) So fun! I am glad we all got to go!

Anonymous said...

I think an 8 X 10 of you girls needs to be posted on the bulletin board of the Sunday school class! All of your paintings look great! You've inspired me--now, I want to take my ladies from our SS class there to have fun like you did!

(love, Ashley's mom)