Friday, May 2, 2008

Need your thoughts...

My grandfather is an amazing carpenter and has built several beautiful pieces of furniture. Both my sister and my mom have asked him to build specific pieces for them in the last few years and I really wanted to have a piece he built as well. I was talking to my mom about it one day and she told me about a beautiful dining room table he had built a few years back. I didn't really have furniture for the dining room so we mentioned it to him and he gave it to us. It is beautiful and so special because he built it! The picture here was one he took at his house...it is a drop leaf table and he was just using it as a side table for photos. There are three leaves that go in the middle and make it huge...he said it will seat 14 people comfortably, but I haven't had the room to put it all together yet. I am trying to decide what kind of chairs I need to go with it...on a limited budget! I really want the table to be the focus, so the chairs should be simple. Here are some of the options I was looking at...any thoughts?

This Parson Chair is from Overstock.com



It had really good reviews and I like that it is simple (and a good price).







But then I thought I should go with something more classic.

This Queen Ann chair is from Pottery Barn.


It is over my budget, but then I've found so many great deals at the outlet so I could look there. They have a ton of dining chairs, but I've never really looked at them.




This is the "Wynn Ladderback chair" also from Pottery Barn. It is classic and simple (and the one Phil likes). Again out of our price range, but maybe at the outlet.



Any thoughts?

3 comments:

John and Brooke said...

The Queen Anne chair is my favorite out of your picks for a dining room. You should also try World Market. I absolutely love that store now that we have a house. We bought a kitchen table from there and I just recently got a console table and coffee table there. I think they are very reasonable and they have lots of dining room chairs. They look expensive but you don't pay the expensive price. I know Shealy's sister got her dining room chairs from there...just a thought!

The Gentrys said...

I do like the Lugano Chair from World Market. I'll add that to the list for opinions. Maybe I can run by there this afternoon. Anyone up for going to the Chicken Coop tomorrow?

Amanda said...

I love the queen anne chairs too. What fun colors. Also, check out craigslist. People are always selling dining chairs in groups it seems. You might could find a good deal there.