We are back into our routine now after our lovely trip to Boston and wonderful time over Thanksgiving with our family. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love getting to spend time with our families and my grandmother's/mother's dressing is just about the best thing you've ever tasted! I think I could eat it all day everyday and never be tired of it! Most importantly, it is a perfect time to sit back and reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for. I love what Phil posted last week about being thankful in all things (even Auburn's pitiful performance on Saturday!). But seriously, we have so much to be thankful for and I think we often take it for granted. I know I do. I get so caught up in the renovating of our house that I sometimes forget to stop and thank the Lord for simply a roof over our head.
This fall has flown by! I can hardly believe today is the first day of December! We were fortunate to be able to go to the Iron Bowl this weekend because our friend Amy found 4 tickets for free! It was fun, although I'm not sure Auburn actually played. We had a good time anyway though.
I was so excited to see the progress on our house this weekend! It looks 1,000 times better than it did. The hardwood floors are in. They are not stained yet, we are waiting until March to do that. The living room wall has been expanded and it makes such a huge difference! And the best part is it looks like it isn't going to end up costing as much as we thought. Thank goodness for that!
Living Room Wall Before (while fixing the subfloor):
Living Room Wall After:
New Wall from the Outside:
The walls have not been painted of course (inside or out). My goal over the Christmas holidays is to finish painting the entire inside of the house. The outside is a bigger project than we can handle so fortunately, Phil's dad has a great friend in Aliceville who is a painter and is giving us a good deal to paint the exterior. We painted the master bedroom this weekend...
...We used Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Grey and love the way it turned out! This picture is pretty dark because it was late at night when we finished painting, but it's a very nice grey/blue color.
So that is where we are with the house. Next project: tile the bathrooms so we can get the toilets off the porch (yes I did say 'toilets' plural...now the other one is on the porch too! AHHH!)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Happy Monday!
1 comment:
I can't get over how great the house is looking! The expansion in the living room made a huge difference. It won't be long and you'll be moved in with all your pretty furniture!
Post a Comment