I have been going back and forth for months now about which sofa we should get for our living room. For a long time I really loved the Pottery Barn Pearce Sectional and you may remember, I found one piece of it at the outlet for super cheap in a sand colored chenille. I hoped to find the rest at the outlet, but have not succeeded. So now I have to decide whether to order the rest of it from Pottery Barn (will look something like this image below)
or go with another sofa I have recently come to love...you may have seen it on Urban Grace Interiors blog. Here is her picture of her's (and just the frame below), but I am thinking about it in white linen. 
I know, I know...white is hard to keep clean, but it is a fitted slipcover so you can wash and dry it and I just love white sofas...maybe because I grew up with one. So I need your opinion. It will be the same price to order a sofa and love seat in the white linen slipcover as it will be to finish out the Pottery Barn sectional. Which would you choose? I need to make a decision fast or we may be going the whole summer without sofas in our living room...I have vowed not to bring the purple corduroy sofa we have had in the apartment for the last 3 years of our marriage (don't worry...it did have one of those slipcovers that you just throw over it...we didn't go with a purple theme in our apartment!)
8 comments:
Love white, but watch out with Tripp. I don't know how often you will let him in the house but Ray is bad about putting his paws on the couch. He always wants a hug from you if you are sitting on the couch. If you do decide on white you may want to Scotch guard it first. I like the slip covered one best. More options for rearranging a room.
I love the feel of a big room with a sectional sofa. We sort of have a sectional (leather) in our den and we love it. THere is always plenty of room for everyone to sit and it fills up a rather large space that i think might have been too large had we just had a sofa and loveseat. I do love the picture under the pottery barn sofa with the pleats at the bottom...no clue what those are called-you can tell i am not very home decoratorish...but i am trying!
I'm kind of obsessed with Erika's, so that would be my vote! For a living room two is a more formal than a sectional, if that matters.
I LOVE Erika's sofa. The pleated skirt is a great country-chic look. BUT you probably would want to make a rule about no doggies on the white couch, or get used to vacuuming it about every other day. I love Pottery Barn, but I'm not crazy about the sectional. Take my opinion for what it's worth, and I loved what you did with your kitchen!! :)
I think the sectional is very, very traditional and it would be great with a family. However, I love love love the one that Erika picked out. It is precious, but if it were me (and I own a lab, too) I would stay away from the white and maybe just get something a little darker. I like the color that she has in the picture. Whatever you decide will be beautiful! I love the rest of the house so far!
I'd go for the sectional!
It's a tough call. I can picture both in your house. However, the second one totally fits "you" a little dainty, yet simple. It would be hard with a dog and I hate to admit it but no matter how well you train them...they love couches. I don't think you can wrong with either one. I do agree that the sectional is great for entertaining!
Sectional is my vote!
Post a Comment