Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random Projects

With all the snow this weekend, I forgot to blog about our fun Saturday together. As you can see from the post below, we are looking for a puppy for Phil's graduation present from me. This weekend, we headed out to my office's workshop to build a doghouse! We only ended up cutting the wood for it because we decided it would be easier to assemble at our house instead of trying to transport a massive doghouse...yes it is massive...I didn't want the dog to be cramped! We had fun though just being able to do whatever we wanted to do...we are out of town so much that it was nice to have a relaxed weekend at home.

While Phil worked on his big presentation for Pharmacy School later that night, I restained this old wooden box (another Heartstrings going out of business find). I don't know what my deal is with old boxes, but I just like to accessorize with them and use them as props in photographing children.


And finally, every week while watching the Bachelor, I have to have a sewing project...the show is just so ridiculous that I can't just sit there and watch it (why do we even turn it on...I don't know!) So this week I made a table cloth for our kitchen table. I was about to pack it up last night and realized I needed to blog about something so I snapped a quick picture of the corner before I closed up the box. (It is linen with the red pinecone print border...both fabrics are Orlando finds from Ali's great fabric store...each only $3 per yard)

No big fun projects going on right now...just boxing everything up to prepare for the move...it's hard to believe we'll be moving most everything in only 2 weeks! Phil's big presentation for Pharmacy School is today so that has pretty much consumed our week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont want yall to move! But I love all your fun projects!

Anonymous said...

The box looks great refinished! And I love your tablecloth. Ya'll are so smart to build the doghouse ahead of time. Will you come organize my life???