Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Catfish, Trippers and Hydrangeas

So this is a little random, but here are a few photos of things we have done in the last few days.


Phil caught a large catfish in our pond...we actually tried to blacken it for dinner the next night, but it didn't turn out so well!


Trippers didn't know what to think about the catfish.

I broke down and cut three of my hydrangea blooms to bring inside...tried to get the ones that had been there the longest and were starting to fade. I wasn't exactly sure how to cut them to keep from messing up next years growth since it blooms on old wood, but still be able to dry them well. Any one know the secret to this? I did some quick google searches, but didn't really find a good answer.
Oh I almost forgot the most important thing we did this week! We went to Birmingham yesterday for Phil to sit before the Alabama Pharmacy Board. He passed all his tests and is now a licensed pharmacist! It is such a relief for that to all be behind us now! Congratulations Phil, I am SO proud of you!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

congrats to Phil!

I don't know about the old wood, but the only way I've ever been successful in drying hydrangeas is to wait to cut them until the end of the summer when the blooms have a more papery feel. Then I just put them in a vase and try not to touch them and let the water evaporate and they'll dry on their own (might take a week or so).

John and Brooke said...

you were in Birmingham yesterday and didn't even come to visit us??!! j/k I know yall were busy. Congrats Dr. Phil!!

mom said...

Hooray for Dr. Phil and Mrs. Phil! What a great accomplishment. We are so proud of you!

It's been hit or miss with drying hydrangeas for me. Your blooms look beautiful in the blue and white vase.

Give Trippers a big kiss from me. We miss you all! love you

Christen said...

I saw a comment you left on Emily's blog about coming up with info. on first year pictures, I'd like to have that info. also! We'd still love for you to come take pictures of Aubrey after she's born if you're not too busy still settling into the new house.