Friday, October 2, 2009

Please Pray for Sweet Jake

If you have a minute and don't mind saying a prayer for our little furry baby...please do! I found him this morning under our bed chewing on my pin cushion. How he got it all the way from the sunroom way back on my sewing table, I have no idea. There were straight pins all over the floor and I wasn't sure if he had swallowed one so I called the vet. He said I should bring him down for x-rays and sure enough there was a pin in his stomach. So he had to have surgery this morning to remove the pin. I just spoke to our vet and he said he got the pin out, but it was a good bit more difficult and involved than he had hoped so now they are watching him to see how he does. The biggest concern is that he does not get an infection. They said I could come in tomorrow morning and see him.

Ya'll know how I am about our pets. They are like my children. I know this may lessen some when our real child is actually born, but even with my rapidly growing belly, I still love our dog more than I probably should. So, please keep him in your prayers. Thanks!

5 comments:

John and Brooke said...

Bless your hearts, yall just do not have good luck with dogs. I will say a prayer-trust me, I know how dogs are like children. Bentley has definitely taken a back seat since Will go here, but we still feel like he is the first child!!

Jennifer said...

poor thing! hope he makes a full recovery!

mom said...

We're praying for that baby dog, Jake! We love him so much, too! Hang in there, Ashe.

Mary Beth said...

poor little guy. Prayer prayed!

Nikki said...

I've already said a prayer for sweet Jake! I am so sorry! Bless your heart!