
A Spaghetti Squash!
If you are pregnant or have been recently, you probably signed up with babycenter.com to receive their weekly e-mails about your baby's growth. If you are pregnant and didn't know about this, I highly recommend it! I look forward to getting the new e-mail each Wednesday and have to keep myself from looking ahead so it will be a surprise each week.
This is part of what it said this week:
"At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily."
It is so nice because a lot of the time it will tell me things that may start happening to my body, like round ligament pain for example, that I probably would have worried about if it happened and I didn't know what it was. You can also search just about anything you have a question about and it will give you hundreds of responses...like this week I searched tailbone pain because my tailbone is killing me! ***Added Note: Apparently a lot of women experience tailbone pain in pregnancy...from what I've read it suggests trying to avoid long term sitting and mentions several pillows that could help relieve the pressure from your tailbone. Mine usually hurts as soon as I get out of bed in the morning and can last for a few hours and then gets worse if I sit for long periods of time.***
I'm going to try to start posting the new vegetable/fruit it compares the baby's size to each Wednesday. For now, I'm getting ready to head off on a girls trip tomorrow morning! My mom and I are on our way to Maryland to visit my sister and we are so excited!
Have a great weekend!
4 comments:
Ashley,
I completely understand the pain you are feeling. I was sick my first trimester and in pain most of my second trimester. I actually felt better my third trimester until towards the end. Somedays the pain got so bad it would stop me in my tracks and I could hardly walk....probably why I started waddling so early! I hope your pain does not go on as long as mine.
Girl! I am so glad you posted that! My tailbone has been hurting me for about 3-4 weeks now, and I thought I was crazy! It's really bad when I first sit down (especially in a car), but then it gets better after a couple of minutes. Is your pain like that? We really need to compare notes on this!
I have had tailbone pain since about week 8..... It stinks! I read some for some women it goes away but most don't start experiencing it until now..... so I feel your pain. And I have been for a while! I hope everything else is going well! We NEED to get together soon! Let me know when y'all have some free time.
I STILL get updates from babycenter.com...for three kids. They continue through "big kid." Sometimes I think they are mundane but sometimes it brings the exact peace of mind I was needing. Yay!
Post a Comment