First blog post that isn't directly about Emma Cate!
I am still not back to my pre-pregnancy weight...sigh...but I'm getting there and haven't been able to resist looking at normal clothes again! Here are a few from JCrew's sale that I've got my eye on...hoping they will run an extra 20% off soon!

There is just something about these little tops with the ruffles and flowers on them...so feminine and sweet.
And I'm looking at this one piece for the summer. I'm thinking a one piece will be practical with a 4 month old tugging on me, but also I can't imagine putting on a bikini any time soon! This one comes with removable straps so I could still lay out without getting lines (hopefully that will be possible with lots of other family wanting to play with her too...I need a tan desperately...and just some vitamin D in general...I can count the number of times I've been outside in the last month for more than 5 minutes on one hand!)

My little angel is waking up so that's all for now...I'm working on a post about my favorite things from pregnancy and now from the first few weeks with an infant...hope to post soon, but it seems like every time I sit down to blog or check my email, either Emma Cate starts crying or Jake starts whining...I swear I feel like I have two newborn babies!
6 comments:
ashley - you had a baby a month ago...it will take you awhile to get back down to normal. i promise that it will come off - i promise. i'm sure you look great :)
I like the swimsuit, Ashley. I got a one piece from J. Crew last summer, and I love it! I'm a huge fan and I haven't even had a baby.
1. Just clicked out of google reader to post a comment and I love the picture in the header of your blog. Too sweet!
2. SERIOUSLY??? Don't even get me started on you and baby weight. I am with Shealy. You had a baby ONE MONTH ago. She is right-it will come off, we promise. Especially if you are nursing. And I am sure you look great anyways.
3. You should really really not worry about weight and just savor these precious moments with that angel. Just like Kenny Chesney says, you will blink and be watching her eat her first birthday cake!
4. Life is short. Eat cake :) Just had to throw that one in there since I mentioned cake in #3 :)
I am just gonna have to second what Shealy said! You will be back to yourself in no time!!
Belly buttons aside (that's for Blakely) you can get your body back, but good googly moogly...give it time. We would all hate you if you were posting that you WERE back by now! If nursing is going well, stick to it...it's a gift from God in many ways...weight loss is one of them. And if you are nursing...umm...I gotta say no to the strapless swim suit unless you plan on sharing a LOT of you at the beach. :) Seriously...as she gets bigger, not only will she know how to find her way to food, she will make her way. ;)
Ashley, I just got a 20% off total order from J.Crew--you may have it too--it came with a catalog yesterday. You can use mine if you wish. Shipping is still same, tho.
I loved being with you all last weekend! Thanks for having me!
Love you!
Post a Comment