Monday, May 3, 2010

A Love So Deep

There have been several times lately when I am sitting next to Emma Cate's crib watching her fall asleep or holding her in my arms, that I've felt so much love for this little one that my throat closed up and I couldn't stop the tears from coming. It's a different kind of love from the way you love your parents, siblings or even your spouse. You know this little person depends on you completely for all of their needs and you just know you would do anything, sacrifice anything to protect them.

Photobucket

Loving her has truly made me realize how much our Father loves us; that He would sacrifice his own Son to save us from our sin. Thank you Father for loving me that much and thank you for our precious daughter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooooooooo precious!!!!! YOu are so right about the love you have for her. You'll do anything for her because you love her so much.

Mandy said...

Amen! I don't know from first-hand experience, but I am constantly moved to tears by His love and sacrifice for us! We miss y'all!
PS-Looks like she likes the quilt :)

Caroline Bobo said...

She is too cute! I know you are soaking up every moment with her!! We hope to see ya'll sometime soon!!

mom said...

Ashley, you've expressed the heartaching, tender love that 'most every parent feels for their child, but can't put it into words. I still feel that for you and your sisters and now, for Emma Cate. I look at her pics on your blog and I feel this physical ache!

Anonymous said...

An appropriate post as we approach Mother's Day! Simply beautiful! Look how Emma Cate is holding her head up! She's strong!