We stayed in bed late this morning. Phil brought Emma Cate to me at 6 am because she had been tossing around in bed for awhile and we thought she might be hungry. She ate for a little while, but was too sleepy to stay awake so I layed back down with her asleep cuddled up in my arms. I was laying there thinking life couldn't get better than this. Phil was sound asleep with Jake curled up snoring on his feet. I layed there for over an hour just watching Emma Cate sleep and enjoying our lazy morning. She's growing so fast that the sweet cuddle time is becoming more and more rare and more and more precious to me. Obviously I couldn't take a picture since she was sleeping on me, but I know I'll be in trouble if I don't post something so here is a quick snapshot from a few days ago.

Emma Cate is in such an easy stage right now. She's sleeping 10-11 hours straight at night which has been such a blessing for us and is doing a lot better with her naps during the day now. She's so happy and sweet all the time. I'm just trying to enjoy every minute and 7:14 am was perfect!
2 comments:
Ashley,
Hi, I'm not sure if you remember me. I went to Auburn with you. My maiden name was Allison Cox. I stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading about your sweet Emma Cate. I too just had a baby girl, Evelyn, and she is about a month younger than Emma Cate. I wondered if I could just ask you a couple of questions, because I noticed that you were doing Babywise. I have tried to use the Babywise model and was curious about a few things: When and how did you start helping her put herself to sleep? Did you do it all at once, like for all naps and bedtime? Did you let her cry it out? How did you help her sleep through the night? I would LOVE for Evelyn to be sleeping 10-11 hours by 3 months. I know that's alot to throw at you in one blog comment, but I would love to email with you if possible. My email address is allibrad@gmail.com
No rush with any of this. I just wanted the advice of someone who has just been where I am. I hope y'all are doing well!
Thanks,
Allison Bradsher
What a sweet moment. She is such a doll.
Post a Comment