Sunday, August 22, 2010

6 Months

Last week my little one celebrated her 1/2 birthday! I cannot believe we are half way through the first year! She is growing and changing so quickly these days. Just in the last two weeks she has started rolling everywhere. She was rolling over before, but generally would stay on her quilt on the floor. Now she rolls right off the quilt and keeps rolling until she gets to where she wants to go. I'll leave the room for a second and she will have rolled half way under the sofa! She's a mess and she knows it! I've realized that this week I'm going to have to start the process of crawling around the house babyproofing everything as she'll be crawling before I know it. She can sit up by herself now too, but I don't leave her alone sitting as she still flops over sometimes. We have completely stopped swaddling at night and that has led to a few weeks of waking up some during the night. Just in the past few days though she's started rolling over to her tummy to sleep. I'm hoping that will help her sleep better and we'll start getting back to sleeping all night without any waking. She's such a joy though! She's very vocal and very active and more than anything she wants to be able to run! Here's a picture from our attempt at a 6 month portrait. Between the ants attacking me and Emma Cate being too caught up in how interesting the grass was to smile for me and the extreme humidity (wiping off my lens between every shot) it wasn't our most successful attempt!


Photobucket

1 comment:

mom said...

Ohhhhh, what a beautiful, smart little girl she is! Love you all!