Our first stop was Hartwell, Ga. where Gran lives, but we had to detour to the North Georgia Premium Outlets to take a peek in the Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware outlets...but I'll post about those later...nothing too exciting.
When we got to Gran's we relaxed and enjoyed Emma Cate and spent some quality time on the back porch where I snapped a few pictures of Emma Cate with Mom and Gran.




Then the next afternoon we headed to my Grandad's house on the lake in Eatonton, Ga. to visit Grandad and my Aunt Laura. They have a sweet golden retriever named Sam that loved on us a lot and of course you know Emma Cate loved him! Here are a few pictures of her with Grandad, Aunt Laura and Sam.



Mom and I got up Thursday morning and started to head back to Montgomery. We stopped in an adorable little town about half way there called Senoia, Ga. If you are ever near there, you should definitely stop! Their downtown was so cute and just lined with antique shops and little restaurants. We made a few exciting purchases there (hope to share in a coming post) and there was one store that we loved absolutely everything they had, but we had to restrain! Then we had a delicious lunch at a little cafe (where Emma Cate tasted an orange pictured below) and got back on the road.

I intended to wait until Emma Cate was ready for bed Thursday night and then get on the road home so she would sleep the whole way, but I was so tired and ready to get home that I went ahead and left that afternoon. That was probably a mistake because she wasn't sleepy and therefore cried for 2 1/2 hours of the 3 hour trip home. It broke my heart! Overall she did really well on the trip, but she's been super clingy and fusses every time I put her down since we got home...I'm guessing just because she got a little spoiled having someone hold her all the time on our trip! We are settling back into our routine though and Phil and Jake are glad to have us home!
I have several big projects I'm getting ready to start on...first on the list is reupholstering 2 chairs myself. I'm trying to save on the expense of having someone else do them and try it myself...after over an hour of working today though (even with Phil's help) I'm only about half way finished taking off the old upholstery on one chair so this could be a long project!
Time to get little bit to bed. Hope everyone has had a great weekend!
2 comments:
I loved every minute of our trip to Ga. together! Emma Cate was an angel!
Ashley, Emma Cate is adorable. She is growing so fast!
Have you seen the October issue of Southern Living? They mention Senoia(sp?) as being a "must see" small town. So funny!
Post a Comment