Monday, January 17, 2011

Meet Lucy

Photobucket

We brought Lucy home yesterday! She is a Goldendoodle (her mom is a Standard Poodle and her dad is a Golden Retreiver). I like this breed because they don't shed and of course because they look like teddy bears! We have been thinking about getting another dog for awhile because we thought Jake would like a playmate and might spend more time playing outside if he had a friend :) We were hesitant though as neither of us wanted to go through the puppy phase again, but ultimately we decided it would be better to do it now than later when we could have a newborn again. So far things are going pretty well. She is really sweet and I think Jake is going to love having another dog around, especially when she gets bigger. Right now she is really too small for him to play with her much.

Photobucket

Those of you who have done this before, what is the best way to get your first dog used to having another one around without them getting jealous? We are trying to show Jake a lot of attention and keep our routine pretty much the same as it was before, but a few times Jake has come between me and the puppy when she is trying to love on me so I'm afraid he might be a little jealous. Ya'll know how much I love him so he has to have his own picture in this post too!

Photobucket

Lots of activity going on here :)

3 comments:

Natalie and Morgan French said...

Lucy is too cute! How exciting for you guys!

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

Very sweet, Ashley! We recently got a new dog and Grace (who is now 9) had a little trouble adjusting. We've had him about a month now and I think they're going to be buds. She plays with him but once she's tired (or tired of him), she just ignores him.

Unknown said...

Cute dog! I have always heard Goldendoodles are great dogs! It was good seeing you at Talbert's wedding!