Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma Cate!

First of all, I did not fail, I took photos on day 31. I was just too busy getting ready for the birthday party to post them. So here is Day 31: February 18th.

Photobucket

Emma Cate's first birthday was wonderful! She had such a great time, loved spending time with her family, her cake and opening her presents. She had a little too much fun though and by the end of her party she had fallen apart and had to go take a nap! I think part of it was she started feeling bad. She's been running a low fever and felt bad ever since...thinking she must have another tooth coming in. Here is a recap in pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is what happened when I took away her cake! Pitiful, but I knew she was going to have a major tummy ache if she kept eating it!

Photobucket

This is how much she ate before I took it away! (it was a small 6 inch cake...not a full size!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a wonderful day! My sister has been here since last Wednesday and I could not have done it without her! She worked nonstop with me on different projects. The main one being a wall mural for Emma Cate's new room (photos to come in the next post!). She also put in a wood top on the cabinet in my dining room. It was a built in and the top was pressboard that I tried to paint (not a good idea!) The paint chipped off if I put anything on it so I wanted to replace it to make it usable.

Photobucket

It is so hard to believe Emma Cate is 1 year old! This year has passed so quickly. A few quick stats...She weighs approximately 21 lbs...not sure of the height, but we go to her pediatrician next week for official 1 year appointment. She's eating a lot better. Favorites are still peanut butter on anything (crackers, toast, a spoon), grilled cheese sandwiches, broccoli, pureed blueberries/apples and pureed pears/raspberries, nilla wafers, cheerios and anything sweet or bread (yes, she is like her mommy!) She is still nursing, but we have introduced whole milk. She likes it, but just sips it with her meals. She has 7 teeth and I think is working on some more. She loves her puppies and plays with them all day! She also loves children and always squeals and reaches for them whenever she sees one. She started walking a few days before Christmas, but really took off mid January. Now she is running around everywhere (and in to everything!) She chatters all the time, but not a lot of clear words.

We love her more than we could ever have imagined and thank our Father for blessing us so much each day!

3 comments:

KariBeth and Josh Gentry said...

What a cute party!! Looks like a great time!! Happy Birthday Emma Cate! I can't believe they are already one!!!

Mom said...

It was a lovely birthday party! You and Ali made everything so beautiful. The cakes were delicious and so pretty, and I love the monogramed birthday banner! Best of all was Emma Cate--it was so fun to watch her enjoy her 1st birthday cake and open gifts. What a little china doll!

Callie and Wilson Nash said...

You did such a great job on the cakes! They looked so professional!