Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another Kitchen

I thought it was time for a lighter post...the election is over (thank the Lord because I thought I would scream if I saw one more political commercial!) so it's back to decorating and photography for this blog!

I saw this kitchen in the latest issue of cottage living and thought it was beautiful! We are continuing to try to figure out what we want to do to our current kitchen to update it and then what we want to dream about for a kitchen remodel one day!

I love the open shelf and the subway tile. Also love the contrasting upper and lower cabinet colors.

The black granite is a nice contrast and I love the copper accessories!

Great idea to move those cabinets up to the height of the ceiling...unfortunately I am so short I think I would have to have a step ladder to reach them!

This butcher block is beautiful! I would love to have that on our island...wonder how hard that would be to make myself???

I LOVE the fabric behind the glass doors and that chalk board is precious! Cool light fixtures too!

This is a lovely kitchen makeover! Update on our house - we are headed there this weekend and the contractor said he should be working on the kitchen floors by Friday. I'll be sure to take pictures to post!

2 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

the copper is beautiful - but i grew up in a kitchen full of copper accessories. i also grew up learning to polish copper..... :)
a butcher block island should not be that difficult, but finding a good price on the piece of wood will be key. good luck! i know the trials and tribulations of renovating your house have been difficult, but i would give anything to have a clean slate to work with. i look forward to seeing some "after" pics!

Maryanna said...

I love this crisp white kitchen. The shelves would be great... storage means a LOT. I'd shy away from putting shelves above the stove when you remodel b/c things tend to splatter when cooking, and it gets dishes (or whatever is on the shelf) dirty. This is just something I've noticed.