I have been a part of a wonderful ladies Bible Study through my Sunday School class for the last 2 1/2 years. These girls are awesome and some of my closest friends. I am so thankful for them! We've done several different books on various topics, but have always been a little intimidated by the Beth Moore studies until now. We decided with the new year we wanted something that would really get us into God's Word and be deeper than the books we have done in the past. So, on Tuesday night, we started "Believing God" by Beth Moore. If you've ever done one of her studies before, you know they are intense! The daily studies take at least 30-45 minutes to complete especially if you are really trying to absorb the information and not just check it off your to-do list. I have to admit, I was very intimidated. Today was only the second day, but so far it is wonderful! The Lord has been faithful to get me out of bed 45 minutes early and I actually look forward to it! The study is on really believing God and having real faith, not just believing "in" God.
The scripture she bases the study off of is Isaiah 43:10 "You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He." Here are a few things that really jumped out at me in these first two days:
In one part she writes in response to Ephesians 1:11-23, "God exerts incomparable power in the lives of those who continue believing Him. Nothing on earth compares to the strength God willingly interjects into lives caught in the act of believing."
Later in that lesson, this passage of scripture really spoke to me. Ephesians 3:17 (NLT) "Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust Him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong."
The verse for today's lesson is Hebrews 11:6 (Beth Moore refers to them as 'Today's Treasure'). "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
I'm not going to attempt to analyze these passages and give my thoughts on them...instead I'll let you develop your own thoughts!
Have a great Thursday...the weekend is almost here!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago
3 comments:
It has also been an incredible journey for me too -- One thing that has really stood out to me is how all the meanings of 'faith' can be interpurted and how God chose to use them in the passages in Ephesians. It really shows that God - in every situation - is telling me to have Faith and Believe Him. I am glad we are all doing this together!
I love that study. We all had our blue bracelets (made out of thick tread) around our wrists as a reminder.
Believing God is a great study. Enjoy! I miss you girls.
Post a Comment