Monday, January 5, 2009

Lots of Work!

Happy New Year! I fully intended to post our progress over the holidays, but we just stayed too busy. So here are pictures of the rooms we painted over the holidays. I am happy to say we accomplished our goal and the interior is completely painted! (ok, except for the trim - we ended up having to hire a good friend who is a painter to do that because it was just too much - he is starting today!)


The foyer and our hardwood floors waiting to be stained! The walls are Benjamin Moore's Benington Gray. It is part of the historical collection and probably my favorite color we used. It's just a good neutral.

The front part of the living room and the hall leading to guest bedrooms


The bay window in the kitchen.


The office - sorry this pic was taken at night so it's hard to tell, but we went pretty bold on this color - I love it though! It is Benjamin Moore's Covington Blue, also part of the historical collection. There will be french doors in this entry so it won't be so bright from the living room (the doors are off right now because the floors still have to be stained).


We also used the same color in the laundry room. It looks a lot brighter in here with the fluorescent lighting. I wanted a cheery laundry room though and I love the contrast with the white...makes it look so clean!


This is the master bathroom. It is Benjamin Moore's Woodlawn Blue (again, historical collection). We used the same color in the guest room earlier - it was still wet here so it looks lighter than it is, but we were very happy with how it turned out. If you look closely, you will see we didn't paint too close to the trim because our painter is going to finish up the edges! We wish we had known that when we started painting this house...it would have gone a lot faster!


This is the other spare bedroom. We went ahead and painted it yellow (Benjamin Moore's Hawthorne Yellow - HC) so it maybe won't have to be repainted when it is one day needed as a nursery. It is NOT as bright as it looks in this picture, but when the sun shines in it does look brighter than I really wanted. We had to paint over a wallpaper boarder after 5 hours of trying to remove the wallpaper unsuccessfully! You can still see the line in some places so I am thinking of installing a small piece of trim all the way around the room to cover the line and possibly putting up some beaded board to tone down the yellow.

The finished tile in the bathrooms!




Our new porch swing - a Christmas present from Phil's parents. Between our two families we were so blessed to receive porch furniture and several of our major kitchen appliances! Thank you Conn's and Gentry's!





As I was helping my mother in law put away Christmas decorations in the attic, I found this antique chandelier that belonged to Phil's great-grandmother. It just needs a little cleaning up, but I am so excited about it and plan to use it in the dining room!


We had a wonderful 2 week vacation and it was so nice to be able to accomplish so much on the house and also have time to visit with both of our families! Phil is having sugery on his shoulder tomorrow so please say a prayer that all goes well in the morning!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's as well! I'll leave you with this picture of the Rome Family house where we spent New Year's Eve...they really get into the decorating spirit...it was so much fun!


Happy 2009!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow yall have been busy. Everything looks great. I love the Woodlawn blue. I have a quart of it that I didn't use. (picked BM Arctic Gray for the den instead)I still want to use Woodlawn Blue though. Maybe the bathroom.

Anyways, sometimes the bobbin is hard to wind. I usually hold the "on" button over with my finger until it really gets going. But I do love that machine. It is so easy to use!

Anonymous said...

I love all the colors you used! The grey turned out to be a great neutral! You guys have accomplished so much and your home is going to be beautiful!

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY, ASHLEY!!!

We love you very, very much!

Bill & Jenny Ferguson said...

I LOVE all of your colors. You did such a great job of coordinating everything. Your house is just beautiful, I cannot wait to see the finished product.

Carrie said...

Ashley, Your house looks so good! Ok so i have a random question. Are yall having to re-do the bathroom? If so i was wondering where you got your supplies and stuff. I know we all live on budgets so I was just interested! you can email me!

The Murphrees said...

Everything looks great! All of the colors look great. I am trying to choose colors right now too.