Happy Easter to you all! Praise the Lord that our Redeemer Lives. We have so much to be thankful for!
We had a wonderful weekend and the first (I hope of many) holidays spent with family in our new home. My parents and little sister decided to stop on the way back from picking up my grandmother at our house and spend Saturday and Sunday morning with us. We had a wonderful day planting flowers and spending time together and then a wonderful dinner Saturday evening, the first in our dining room and the first ever using our fine china! We realized it is slightly difficult to try to have a large dinner like that when most of our utensils and ingredients and other necessary cooking items are still in Auburn, but with some careful planning and a quick trip to the grocery and another to my in-laws house, we made it work. I can't believe I failed to take any pictures of my family or of all the beautiful flowers they brought me that we spent the day planting! I guess I was busy spending time with them and didn't even think about the camera :)
My sister-in-law did think to take a picture of the Gentry side of the family after lunch on Sunday so I borrowed it from her blog! My parents headed back to Montgomery Sunday morning and we went to church in Aliceville and had lunch with Phil's family and several of his cousins that we hadn't seen in awhile. We had a great time visiting with them too!
It is getting harder and harder to get in the car on Sunday evenings to drive back to Auburn to an empty apartment with dog toys strewn everywhere. For those of you who know me well, you know I am sort of obsessed with cleanliness and neatness in my home...so the lack of decor and order is driving me nuts! But I sure don't want to wish life away and we are so thankful for the wonderful friends we have here. Which reminds me, I haven't blogged about the going away picnic our Sunday School class had for us last Thursday night (another event that I failed to take pictures at!) Our class has been so special to us the last three years and we will miss them so much when we move!
Three weeks from tomorrow is the big graduation and moving day! It's hard to believe it's almost here!
No comments:
Post a Comment