We have just gotten our internet hooked up, but I feel guilty taking time to blog when Phil is outside hauling limbs into the woods! We have been up at 6 working in the yard everyday since we've been here. I know, it's probably a shock to those who know me well that I have been working in the yard when there are still tons of boxes sitting around the house and we aren't even close to being finished unpacking, but I think I'm starting to like gardening!
First of all, thank you to those of you who have been praying for my dad. They released him from the hospital last night and he is continuing to have IV antibiotics at home for another week or so, but he is doing much better. (He had meningitis and pneumonia after having sinus surgery last week).
This last week has been a whirlwind for us. My dad was admitted to the hospital on Monday and I drove over to be with them that afternoon and evening. Tuesday my sweet husband became Dr. Phil! Here are a few photos from his graduation. I am so proud of him! He's worked so hard through 7 years of school and graduated Magna Cum Laude with his PharmD! Sorry these are dark, I did a quick edit, but somehow posted the originals instead.
Here are a few photos of the planting we have done.
One pot I made up yesterday...I know some of them...Red Salvia, Sweet Potato Vine, Dusty Miller...not sure about the rest
2 more planters...more of the same flowers
I added some purple sweet potato vine, white periwinkles and a little pink in the corner to this bed. You can see Tripp making a mad dash to tackle me and the camera.
This is the pot my mom put together last time she was here...it is doing great! I added some red Salvia to it because I'm trying to get away with mixing red and pink together since I can't seem to pick one.
We love to cook with fresh herbs so I planted a little tin with two different types of basil, parsley and sage. We also have rosemary in the previous pot.
I added a wreath to the side door since that is the main one used.
And of course we need plants inside too! The two large ones we already had, but I added the other...maybe Coleus? and put them in this copper pot that Ali gave me for Christmas that I absolutely love!
More to come soon!
4 comments:
Congrats to Dr. Phil ;) Can't wait to see the inside of your house when you have everything unpacked & decorated, I know it'll be beautiful!
congrats to Phil!! And love all the pretty flowers!!
Your flowers look beautiful! Guess you are just a chip off the ole block, diving into the garden before the house.... yo mamma is proud of you!
Congratulations to both of you! He could not have gotten through school without your support. Your house and yard look great!
Post a Comment