Sunday, May 3, 2009

Random



Here are a few random pictures from our weekend. It has been spent mostly packing and visiting with family and friends that we won't see as often after we move on Tuesday. It's hard to believe it is already here. Today was our last Sunday at First Baptist Church in Opelika. We have been so blessed during our time there both with spiritual growth and wonderful friends. This is completely random, but every Sunday I see this floral arrangement in the entrance to the sanctuary and think it is so beautiful. Today after the service, I had to go examine it and couldn't figure out if it was faux flowers or dried. Either way, I love it and would love to copy some elements of it on a much smaller scale in our house. Any thoughts on where to find something similar? I think the hardest is finding the hydrangeas because most of the faux ones don't look real at all.

During our driving yesterday, I couldn't resist snapping a photo of Tripp leaning on Phil. He did have his head on Phil's shoulder until I pulled out the camera of course.

He's growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Weesie said...

Phil and Tripp are two handsome rascals...don't they look like you'd just caught them being bad? Tell Tripp to quit growing up so fast!

Courtney said...

phil, i didn't know you were a model!

M C Brown said...

at home and harmony landing in bham both have a great selection of dried flowers, i bet joan asbury did that arrangment though! she is the one to ask

Unknown said...

The vendor that does them is in ATL - several of the shops there sell them and they also have a booth at at scotts - im sure joan got them there... Im pretty sure they are just good fakes although its been a while since ive looked at any of them. This is one of our regular shops that sells them -

http://www.foxgloveantiques.com/GalleryView.cfm?categoryID=b1af3eaf-78fe-4ffc-be52-92fccb49bfcb&subcategoryID=f80e5853-f080-40b5-9d59-214d779c8a82&size=100