Thursday, May 14, 2009

Still in the yard

We spent Phil's day off yesterday spreading mulch in the soon to be flower beds...they are a work in progress. We are trying to decide if we want to dig up all the bulbs in the far left of this photo or if we want to just pull all the weeds and continue the mulch through to the last clump of trees. We are also looking for natural looking rocks to line the beds with. I have no idea what else I'm going to plant in the beds, but hopefully mom is coming soon to help!
Phil is determined to spread mulch around the base of all the trees. I love how clean it looks...but we have a lot of trees!


Any gardeners out there, do you recognize these bulbs? They in the bed that I have been raking out and deciding whether to extend the mulch or dig it all up. These were just laying at the surface and I have no idea what they are.


Trippers is loving the pond. He goes down there at least once a day to cool off and then comes bounding towards me and jumps on me full force, yes soaking wet! And we saw a snake slithering through the pond the other day...ewww...Phil went to get his gun and try to shoot it, but when we came back out it was gone.

I love these climbing roses on the fence of the rose garden. They are so pretty and pink.


And this beauty was there to surprise me this morning when I went out to check on the roses.
Sorry for my lack of posting. It was so much easier to blog when I sat at a computer all day at work! Now I've been neglecting everything including unpacking the boxes that surround me in the house, all to work in the yard. I'm new at it so maybe that is why it is exciting!
Any ideas for what else to fill my beds with, please share!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

they look just like daffodils to me... Love, love, love the yardwork!!!

Elizabeth said...

oh, and if there are not many, I would dig them up and replant with more as I love seeing full beds of daffodils in the spring!