I finally had time this morning to finish my Birdie Sling bag and I love how it turned out! The pattern says it is great for beginners, but I had a little trouble figuring out the "gussets" on the bottom. Once I figured it out it was really easy, but the diagram and directions in the pattern make it seem complicated. Unfortunately, by the time I figured out how to do it, I had already sewn and trimmed the fabric at the bottom so I had to improvise and ended up making the bad a little bit smaller than the pattern so I could correct the gussets. It is a BIG bag though so I think I actually like it better a little smaller. I may try to alter the pattern so it will be more this size next time I make one.
The pockets on the inside are great, but I think next time I won't make the large pocket so deep and maybe make one specifically for my cell phone.
Overall I LOVE this bag!
Sweet Phil and Jake waited patiently last night while I worked on the bag.
Aren't they precious!
5 comments:
That's super cute! Good job!
Oh the cuteness! Love it! What is that floral fabric? It is great!!
You did a great job on the bag! I really like it.
Looks great...super chic!
The bag looks great! I love the fabrics you chose!
Post a Comment