Our sweet friends Blake and Anne hosted us for the weekend. We had a great time visiting with them and hitting all our favorite shops and restaurants. We even took a walk around campus despite the heat...it is amazing how it is always changing (and always under construction!)
Saturday night was the engagement party for Mac and Kristi, the reason for our visit, and it was so much fun! We have missed Mac and Kristi so much since we moved and were so happy to get to spend some time with them.
One of the highlights of the weekend was getting to go to church at First Baptist in Opelika, our church for 7 years while we were in Auburn. Pastor Steve Scoggins is such a wonderful and passionate preacher. I download his sermons each week and have been trying to figure out how to post them on the blog, but haven't quite figured it out yet. You can go here to download them for yourself. He believes as I do that the purpose of church is to strengthen the believers, not to gloss over issues that could be controversial to keep everyone happy and feeling good about themselves. He preaches straight through the books of the Bible, not skipping anything no matter what the topic. It was great to hear him and hear the wonderful praise band. We also got to go back to our Sunday School class and see all our old friends which was so much fun! I miss you all! Several of them have babies that were born in the last few months we were there and have changed so much in just the 4 months we have been gone...it was so fun to get to see them all!
We celebrated Mary Lindsey's birthday a little early on Sunday with a wonderful brunch at Ariccia and then headed back home, stopping through Montgomery to pick up Jake who spent the weekend with my parents. Thank you Mom and Dad for keeping him!
Sorry for the lack of good posts. I've been nauseated every day since I've been back in town...not sure what is going on there. I'm officially out of the first trimester tomorrow so I wouldn't think the nausea would be starting back up (haven't really had a problem with it since around 7 weeks) but it seems to be back.

I haven't been doing a lot of creative things lately, but I started today working on the Amy Butler Birdie Sling Bag. I bought the pattern in Montgomery this weekend and picked out some different fabric - actually ended up getting fabric that wasn't by Amy Butler, but the store I was in didn't have a large selection of her fabric. I love this pattern and hope to end up making several for coming seasons. I can't wait to see how it turns out!
I'm planning to photograph a sweet little newborn baby boy tomorrow afternoon so watch the other blog for pictures to come soon!
4 comments:
We loved getting to see you last weekend! What a beautiful pregnant lady you are! Aimee misses Jake so much and so do I. Even Dad misses the little fellow snuggling with him on the couch.
totally missed seeing you at the engagement party!? :)
sad to miss you at church...sick kids and non-sleeping kids lead to us not making it to church. Things to come...things to come. :)P
I am so glad I got to see yall! You were so sweet to come! I can't wait for you to come back! I hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment