Monday, October 5, 2009

A Day of Blessings

The blog world was right...it's a girl!

We feel so blessed today! Thank you so much for your prayers. The ultrasound was wonderful. They were able to see everything they needed to see and it all looked perfect! She likes to be on her stomach apparently and no matter how much we poked and prodded at her, she would not turn for us to get a good shot of her profile, but she looked right at us the whole time so we did get to look at her little face a lot!

Photobucket

We are still finalizing her name so stay tuned for that soon! As promised, here are some belly shots from early this morning before we left for the doctor.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also had another answer to prayer today and got to bring Jake home. He is so happy to be home and seems to be feeling pretty good. We will keep watching him closely to make sure he doesn't get an infection and will have at least a week or so of recovery, but we are so happy to have him home!

We are so thankful and praise our gracious Lord for His blessings today!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh congrats. I guessed girl too! You look so precious! Can't wait to hear the name :)

Mom said...

Hello little girl! We can't wait to meet you and hold you. Feb won't come soon enough!

Ashley, you are an adorable pregnant lady! Love you all!

I need to see a pic of my boy Jake with his stitches. Hope he behaves now.

Jennifer said...

exciting! this is totally random, but there are some very cute pink and white toile towels (and a shower curtain) at Target that I think you'd like!

glad Jake is home recovering.

Craker Crew said...

I was right! I am so excited for you! I think Phil will be an awesome dad to a sweet girl! We are looking forward to this weekend!

Confessions said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!!!

tag said...

So excited for yall! I had a feeling it would be a little girl :)

FoxFire said...

Congrats!! That is such wonderful news! I'm so excited for you guys!

The Langham's said...

Congratulations on the news of your sweet baby girl! What a blessing!

Caroline Bobo said...

Congrats on baby GIRL!! That's what I voted!! I pray that she continues allowing the Lord to knit her together!! She is going to be such a blessing to ya'll and all around her!

The Stephensons said...

O Ashley, you look so cute!! I'm so excited for you and Phil!! Your little girl will be precious!!! I can't wait to hear her name and see the completed nursery. I know you will make it so cute!!

Makenzi said...

Congratulations, this is great news! I know how relieved you are that she looked strong and healthy:) The doctor moved up my due date to Feb. 10 so we are about a week apart!

laura.murphree said...

Congratulations! Girls are wonderful. I cannot wait to hear what her name will be. You look so beautiful.

Christen said...

Yay, a girl! Girls are so much fun to dress up :) Congratulations, I know you guys are so excited!

JBFerguson said...

Congratulations! There is nothing better than holding your baby girl in your arms and not even being able to comprehend how much you love her. I am so happy for you guys.