(please excuse the picture quality...the nursery doesn't get in a lot of light so to get enough without using the flash caused a little blur....the flash makes the room color look too bright though so I hate to use it!)Emma Cathryn and we are going to call her Emma Cate!
I've loved the name Emma for years. I know it is very popular right now and I hated to go with the trend, but it was also very popular in the late 1800's so it really is an old name that has come back around. I always wanted to have a double name Emma Grace, but when Phil and I got married we realized if we named a girl Emma Grace Gentry her initials would be EGG...not good. And Phil didn't love Grace.
I also really wanted to have a family name in there somewhere and Cathryn is a family name on my mom's side and I liked spelling Cate a little differently. Then this week we had a call from Phil's grandmother so excited because she found out that Emma is a family name on the Gentry side...Phil's grandfather's great aunt...so she was happy that we had a family name from them as well!
So that is it! Hope you like it...please don't share if you don't though! Crazy pregnant emotions may get the best of me!
On another note: does anyone have a home embroidery machine they love and would like to recommend? I have been wanting one for forever and am hoping Santa may bring one this year! I've been going over and over reviews especially on the Singer Futura and the Brother PE 700II and of course there seem to be a lot of complaints on all the machines I look at. If you have one and love it (or hate it) please let me know!
6 comments:
Such a sweet name. I love it. You have talents of your own!! Any chance there is anything I can paint for you?
What a cute name, I love it!
So adorable!
Oh I love it! And I definitely love the spelling. So exciting!
Ashley
My machine that I use for my business has been great! I really love it. It is a Babylock. Let me know if you want to know details. I have had it for over a year now and it has been serviced once and had no other problems and I use it daily.
I love the name. BTW, Kylie's room is the same way as far as lighting. It made it very challenging to find a good paint color because of it.
Post a Comment