Does anyone know what kind of yarn this is made of or what this kind of blanket is called? I have been looking for a larger blanket like this to use for photography. Love this one from Etsy pictured below, but it's pretty small and I'm really wanting a larger throw.

Any ideas? Yes, I'm trying to get my photography props in line so I can take lots of newborn pictures when Emma Cate arrives!
Doctor's update: Went yesterday and no change from last week. I'll go back next Thursday if nothing happens before then!
5 comments:
I think we used to call this popcorn yarn (slang term). It is technically a boucle yarn, but this one has more curls than a standard boucle. It can be difficult to work with, but turns out beautifully. Hope this helps.
Hope you are feeling well. We're praying for you. Won't be long before Emma Cate is here! We're excited!
After looking at the sellers other items on etsy, it looks like to me it is a homespun "homemade" yarn. I agree it is very pretty. Good luck on your search.
I know nothing about knitting or yarn; however, I own a large throw out of this material in a chocolate color. I found mine at Stein Mart last month for $19.99. They had several different colors at the time. Kudos to you for wanting to make this yourself, but this could be your back-up plan:) You're right, I think it will be a great background for newborn pics!
Thanks, Ashley! I was laughing at one of your earlier posts, because we too just bought a new vacuum cleaner for the very same reason: no lab hairs on dropped pacifiers! I'm also nervous that our baby is going to be known as "that kid" with dog hair all over their clothes. Haha. Can't wait to meet Emma Cate!
Post a Comment