Before we left, we visited with Phil's grandparents, Papa and Sugar. Papa has been wanting to rock Emma Cate to sleep, but our visits never work out with her nap schedule so this time we made it a priority to go over there right before her nap so he could rock. I had to run an errand and Phil went in to talk to Sugar while Papa rocked and when he came back a few minutes later, this is what he found...how sweet is that!
The whole wedding weekend was wonderful. Laura looked so beautiful! I had to hold back the tears during the vows, but was unable to hold them back at the rehearsal dinner. Her dad gave such a sweet toast...quoting the words from the Heartland song, "I loved her first" and we were all crying. Then Ben (who is precious by the way...I am SO glad Laura married him!) talked about how much he loves Laura and quoted a poem that was so beautiful...It was all so special and I am SO happy for them. Here are a few pictures from the rehearsal dinner and wedding.
And we've been spending a lot of time in our new BabyBjorn. She LOVES facing forward! We are hoping it will be really good for our coming trip to Vegas! Any tips on traveling with a little one? We are spending a whole day at the Grand Canyon so I am trying to figure out if we should just cart her around in the Bjorn or take the stroller. Isn't she cute in her new hat? I love it and it has UPF 50+ to protect from the sun. I've been thinking about how to protect her from the sun since our pediatrician said no sunscreen until after 6 months.
Oh, and have you noticed the latest watch fashion? Apparently I am way behind because it seems like everyone from my little sister's age (11) up to older adults are wearing these watches. My sister wanted a new color this weekend and I went with her to get it and picked up a white one for myself. They are pretty cute!
Happy Memorial Day!
2 comments:
That is the sweetest picture of Papa and Emma Cate. I know he loves being able to do that! And I love her hat! Precious!!
Emma Cate is so adorable!!! I'm glad you like the Baby Bijorn. We love ours too! Are you flying with her? If so, what we did is check her stroller and infant seat at the gate but put the car seat base in one of our suitcases (praying that our luggage made it with us-which it did). We carried her on the plane in the baby bijorn, and I gave her a bottle or pacifier on the way up and on the landing to help her with her ears, and luckily she didn't have a problem! Good luck with traveling with baby! Also, about the sunscreen, we have used the baby sunscreen since she was 9 weeks old and never had a problem with it. It never irritated her skin or anything, we would just bathe her right after we came in so it didn't stay on her skin too long.
Post a Comment