So the decision was made that the floor that is rotten in several areas had to be torn out, but we've gone through a whirlwind of back and forth discussions about what kind of subfloor to put in...I work with architects and contractors so I am getting their opinions on this end and relaying them to the ones working on our house and they are getting other opinions...so you can see what fun that has been. Finally we had reached a decision when they found the termites...and then they said it looked like the subfloor was fine in some of the rooms so they may not replace it all...but my thoughts are if we are replacing some of it with a better material we should go ahead and replace it all with the better material...is that logical? We still have to figure out the best way to take care of the moisture problem under the house and get that completely fixed because already some of the floor joists have to be replaced because of it...
So...I'm realizing this is a time when we are really going to have to ask God for wisdom and patience and stop worrying and just trust.
Therefore, I tell you, don't be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food, and the body more than clothing? See the birds of the sky, that they don't sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you of much more value than they? "Which of you, by being anxious, can add one moment to his lifespan? Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don't toil, neither do they spin, yet I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was not dressed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today exists, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, won't he much more clothe you, you of little faith? "Therefore don't be anxious, saying, 'What will we eat?', 'What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore don't be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day's own evil is sufficient.
Matthew 6:25-34
Matthew 6:25-34
5 comments:
Wow...I will be praying for yall. I can't imagine doing this all from out of town, but it will all work out fine!
Holy moly. So, was there not a termite contract thing-ee on the house? Your heart is so in the right place. God will provide for sure. Peace of mind I pray for you.
Thankfully we do have termite protection and they are going out to look at it tomorrow morning, but we read in the fine print that they will not cover termite problems caused by moisture problems so hopefully that isn't the case (since we obviously have a moisture problem too).
Ash! Y'all are going to be masters at renovating after all of this! I know it will turn out great. I can imagine that is hard not being there!
Wow! So sorry about this. You are right, at least you are not living there right now. Gives some time to remedy the situation before you guys are settled. Keep us updated. I love the color of those cabinets in your post for today.
Post a Comment