Yesterday afternoon Phil's mom called and told us we needed to sit down because she didn't think it could get much worse than what she was about to tell us...my heart sank. I don't know if I mentioned they had found termites a few days ago and the people from our termite protection were coming out to inspect yesterday morning. Well they found that one of the main support beams of the house was completely infested along with some other areas under the house. It looks like they will have to completely jack up the house to replace the beam. I lost it...heaving sobs...then we started praying. We realized that during this week of bad news after bad news, we had never really been broken before the Lord and asked with complete dependance on Him for His help. So we did. And then we felt peace. About an hour later his parents called back and the termite inspectors had come by their store to let them know what they found. They told them the extent of the damage...that it was pretty bad...but they would cover all the repairs and send a crew out next week to fix everything. Thank you Jesus! And at least at the end of all of this, we will know 100% for sure that we have a very sound and secure home...despite the expense getting there. (and I really want you all to come and visit when it is finished!)
No comments:
Post a Comment