Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend at Market

I spent this weekend in Atlanta at Market helping my mother in law shop for her store and also looking for a few items we have needed for the house. My mom and I drove over on Saturday and stayed until last night. It was so much fun, but exhausting too! If you have never been, it is like nothing you've ever seen before. It is so huge, you could spend an entire week there and still not see everything! Here is a pic I took from the center of one of the 3 and 1/2 enormous buildings.

We accomplished so much in the 36 hours we spent in Atlanta! I purchased the perfect dining chairs, but sadly forgot to take a picture in the showroom (I was actually really horrible about remembering to take pictures this weekend which I now regret...there was so much to see!) They are the ones I posted a few months back (below), but in distressed black.

I also found 3 lamps so we are finished looking for lamps! I did remember to take pictures of the two oriental lamps I found,
but again, forgot to take a picture of the third one (which actually could be my favorite!) It is very unusual and looks like something that could be found on a ship. We will use it in the office and hopefully I'll be able to find a picture of it on the web somewhere. If so, I'll post it later.
We had a wonderful time and got some great ideas for later! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your new finds! glad yall had fun!

Maryanna said...

Those chairs are gorgeous.