I am sure I will learn a lot more on this subject as we actually move to our new home in the country, but this weekend I saw several examples of the good and the bad of country life...mostly the good, but let's start with the bad.
I don't even want to expand on this subject...just look closely at the picture. Quite a large Copperhead next to our driveway. Now I'm not worried so much about me, but more about Tripp and even more about future children getting too close to one of these horrible creatures that I associate with Satan himself. Thankfully our vet told me that large dogs rarely die from bites from a Copperhead, Water Moccasin or Rattle snake which are the most common in our area. And I'm not sure I'm going to let our kids out of the house now until they are 16!
The second bad I have come to realize this week is the birds that poop on our newly painted porch. I didn't take a picture of the poop covered porch because I was totally grossed out by it...instead I pressure washed it twice in the two days we were there. Any suggestions on how to keep them away from the porch? PLEASE HELP!
Now for the good. I've mentioned our dear friend Mr. Ganus before, but he has been up at our rose garden again taking care of the roses and this trip, he brought over a small push mower for us to use when we get here since the garden is too small for a riding one to get through. Here are a few of the blooms we cut this weekend...there were several vases full and they smell heavenly! I don't know what we would do without him! He and his wife have been so sweet to us and really made me feel welcome in the community.
The people in Aliceville are just so friendly. Another neighbor heard Phil out mowing the yard on Saturday and drove over on his mower to help. He said he heard Phil out there and knew he wouldn't finish before the sun went down (it took 5 hours!) so he wanted to come help. How thoughtful is that!
The reason for our trip this weekend was a shower for Phil's sister, Mary Lindsey. Here are a few of the bridesmaids at the shower. (After this picture, Phil promptly told me I need a tan!) The hostess has a beautiful yard which was perfectly manicured for the party.
I loved how she had her Columbine growing in a large pot like this instead of in a bed. We may have to borrow that idea!
We also added this wreath over the mirror in our entry. It needed some green and although this is a horrible photo and the wall color looks very strange here, I think it turned out good.
One week away from the big move now!
3 comments:
ash, so i love the pictures from the house and the weekend, but i DESPERATELY need a tan. do some photoshopping. hope you find the copperhead and smash him.
Love the G Wall. So glad you were my inspiration...I absolutely love my V wall and get so many compliments on it!
one week huh? Will we get to see you before you head out?
Post a Comment