Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tiller

I haven't looked at this pictures on this camera (my small one that I keep in my purse) in awhile so when I was getting the ones off for this post, I realized there were a lot of graduation pictures that I had forgotten Phil took with his friends. It's still hard for me to believe he has graduated and we don't live in Auburn anymore. But then I look down at my legs covered in chigger bites and I am sure I'm in the country :) Seriously, I wish I could take a picture of my legs to post, but I think that is a bit much. They are COVERED in little red bites and itch like crazy!

Ya'll are going to get tired of hearing about our yard work, but we spent the afternoon in the yard again yesterday, this time we made a lot of progress thanks again to Mr. Ganus, our friend that I've mentioned before and his wife, Mrs. Peggy. I had been contemplating what to do with the sea of bulbs in the yard and after deciding that the reason they had not bloomed this year was they were not getting enough sunlight, we started digging. I dug up all the mystery bulbs from the previous post and then we started pulling up the rest. There are now two boxes full of them in the carport ready to be replanted in the sun.

Mr. Ganus and Mrs. Peggy drove up a little while later to see what we were up to and when I asked him if I could borrow his tiller sometime he turned around and went back to the house to get it right then. He and Phil spent the rest of the afternoon tilling up the dirt where the bulbs once were and tilling up a new flower bed for me on either side of the rose garden gate. They also dug up the good grass by the rose garden before they tilled it and transplanted it to the spot where the bulbs once were. Mrs. Peggy and I pulled up bulbs and raked through all the new beds to get out the old roots.

The tiller almost ran away with Phil


Now you'll have to use your imagination to see what it will look like once the grass takes off, but I'm excited about it! My plan is to plant some more flowers around the trees and then add a bench in the grassy spot.


And of course we have to add a photo of sweet Trippers. This was our first big breakfast in our new house. Tripp sat on the bench at the kitchen table like he was supposed to have his own plate too...I swear he thinks he is human and I treat him like he is so I guess that's ok!

3 comments:

Dad said...

I agree with your plans for bringing the grassy area back in that flower bed. When it comes to flowers, sometimes more is just "more", not necessarily better. Can't wait to help work in the yard, and yes, get a few chiggers myself! It will be worth it just to be around Phil, Tripp, and you! Love, Dad

Mom said...

Your yard looks beautiful! Is Tripp growing up without us? Please quit feeding him until we can come see you. By the way, you may have to paint your chiggers with clear nail polish. That's the only way I've ever been able to get rid of them. Love you!

MPJC said...

I was going to tell you to paint your chigger bites with nail polish, but your mom beat me to it!