I couldn't think of a title for this one, probably because it's just some random observations and some sweet photos of Mr. Trippers.
Random thought 1: Today I went to the co-op to get gas for the first time by myself and I couldn't help but think what a different experience even the little things like that are here in a small town. Now maybe this is normal in most places, but I have never been to a gas station that has people employed to pump your gas for you. I've seen those little places that have people that will pump your gas if you would like, but you give them a tip to do so...not here, I've been informed. I had been avoiding going by myself because I just felt so awkward letting someone else pump gas for me...I've been doing it myself for 10 years...but it was so nice and honestly I've always hated pumping gas! My tire pressure light was on too and guess what, they also have someone there to check that for you. A really nice man came out and checked all my tires and added air to all of them, and it was FREE. I couldn't believe it. I think I could get used to this!
Random thought 2: I'm struggling with my hydrangeas. They are in shade all day except for a little diffused light in the early morning, but then from probably 4-6 they are in pretty full sun. The Blue Nikko's seem to be doing fine.
I've been working on the inside of the house slowly so hopefully there will be interior photos to post soon. Happy Tuesday!
3 comments:
Tripp looks like he's contemplating where to best place the hydrangeas... he so wants to be a helper to his mommy! Beautiful photos, Ashe.
Love you bunches!
The hydrangeas on the side of our house only do that wilted look when it's super hot outside, typically mid afternoon. They've grown bigger and prettier each year, so we haven't moved them. But it is sad to see those floppy blooms! If you are going to be cutting them, do it in the am!! :)
Mine have started to wilt on warm afternoons, too. They get filtered sun in the afternoon, so I guess that's why. I'm afraid to move them though, because the only places in the yard that are shady in the afternoons get way too much sun for most of the day. They are usually perked back up in the mornings, so I think I'm just going to see how they do for the rest of the year.
We have some oakleafs back in the woods that are huge, but aren't very leafy and are hardly blooming. Based on the ones I see blooming around the neighborhood, I don't think they're getting near enough sun.
Apparently I have lots to say about hydrangeas! Your hard is looking great and I'm sure you'll figure it all out!
Post a Comment