Most important thing first, my doctor's appointment went well. The baby's heart rate was 150...they said average for this time is around 120-160 so once again it is on the higher side of normal, which I hear could mean a girl! The ultrasound is scheduled for the morning of Oct. 5 so 4 more weeks!
Now onto the rug dilemma: now that our fence is up in the backyard (which is WONDERFUL), the back doors (below) have become a main traffic area in the house.

I've vacuumed several times, but dirt continues to accumulate around the door and then get tracked onto the carpet. I've realized we need a rug there. I'm thinking a natural fiber rug, maybe jute or sea grass. I bought one in a rush today at Lowe's and got it home only to realize it was way too tiny. So here are some options I just found at Pottery Barn. What do you think? I don't want to cover up all the hardwood so I was thinking I would just do a runner.


Does anyone know of a good place to find rugs at a good price? These were both around $99 for a 2 1/2 x 9 foot runner at Pottery Barn.
6 comments:
Congrats Ashley on your first doctor's appointment. Judd and I found a jute rug and runner at World Market for a very affordable price. I can't remember exactly what we paid but it was way cheaper than other places I had looked. I hope this helps.
Those prices are pretty good. Bill and I are in the process of renovating our new home and we have been looking for a lot of rugs as well. The home stores are ridiculously overpriced (ie. Lowes). I've really been looking around Target and overstock. Overstock's rugs are pretty awesome. we have french doors going to our fenced backyard too and it is so high traffic. I got something that was easy to just pick up and shake out instead of having to vaccuum it everytime. I like your first choice better, I think it will look great against the hardwood. I am glad you are feeling great and everything is going fabulously with your little bun in the oven!
Just a thought... at my last appointment HIS heartbeat was 150! :) I missed seeing you last Friday night! Hope to get together soon!
Rebekah
Definitely try Overstock. They have great prices and shipping is only $3!! They have good natural fiber selections
I like the second one the best! excited about seeing you this weekend...hopefully!
They have a good selection at Home Goods for really low prices, it's hit or miss though. I also bought a bamboo style one not along ago at Tuesday Morning.
Post a Comment