Let me start out by showing you what I took pictures of today during my grocery trip to Tuscaloosa. Now, I know that no one else is going to appreciate this quite as much as I did today, but I really almost wanted to cry when I saw this beautiful produce section at Publix.
Publix makes me happy. I never went in a Publix before we moved, but I have a new appreciation for beautiful fresh produce after only having a small Piggly Wiggly here. It's not that the Piggly Wiggly is too small - I don't really cook with extravagant ingredients, I think it is just that because the town is so small, they don't get a lot of shipments and therefore, the food is rarely fresh...like the milk goes bad before the expiration date, which is already really soon once you get it and every time I try to buy bread, the expiration date is a day or two later. But I won't complain anymore. I think the joys of living in a small town are far greater than the inconveniences and Publix is only about 40 minutes away. I do smile every time I walk through the doors though!
Completely different subject...I've been in the fall spirit this week and have tried to put together a few fall decorations...before you look at the pictures, let me warn you, arrangements are NOT my strength...but I try.
Happy Fall!
1 comment:
I love the arrangement on your mantel especially! I usually get my inspiration from publications like Martha Stewart and Southern Living. You are doing great!
Post a Comment