Wednesday, December 23, 2009

32 Weeks: A Large Jicama???

We are at 32 weeks! Yeah! Here are the highlights from babycenter.com for this week:


"By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (the size of a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth."


Have you ever heard of a jicama? I haven't! Here is what it looks like:

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything looks great! She is measuring at 33 weeks - so a week ahead of schedule. My doctor said we would keep watching to see if she is continuing to measure ahead and if so, we may get to have another ultrasound to see how big she is as that may decide whether or not we have to schedule a C-section. Everything was perfect though and I'll go back again in 2 weeks for what may be my last of the two week appointments...then we'll go every week...it's getting closer!

I am spending the day baking rum cakes and Amish cinnamon bread and finishing up some sewing projects for Christmas presents! Merry Christmas!

No comments: