Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Christmas Celebration and Shower

We headed back to the loveliest village on the plains this weekend to celebrate Christmas with one side of the family and for our first baby shower! But first, we had to take the opportunity to take 3-4 month pictures of precious Avery!

Photobucket

We had a wonderful Christmas celebration with the Phillips side of the family! Mac and Kristi hosted everyone after dinner for gifts and desserts. Their new house is beautiful! They've only been back from their honeymoon for a few weeks and it all looks perfect already!

Then Kristi opened up their home again on Sunday for our first baby shower. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family! The shower was beautiful and Emma Cate was given so many beautiful things! I can't wait to see her wear some of the adorable little outfits. Here is a picture of the sweet hostesses who also gave us our infant seat which I am so excited about! I don't know why, but it has worried me that we didn't have it in case she came early since they won't let you leave the hospital without it!

My mom and youngest sister Aimee (Ali wasn't able to be there since she now lives all the way in Maryland, but she sent us an awesome gift that I still can't believe she bought - our baby swing! I haven't had a chance to put it together yet, but I'll be sure to post when I do!)
And mom wanted a picture with my belly in full view - it looks pretty huge in this picture...I think it must have been the dress because I really don't think it always looks quite that huge!



Thank you so much to everyone who came especially those of you who drove several hours to be there! I wish I could post pictures of all the beautiful gifts, but that would take all day so you'll just have to come visit to see them! Thank you so much everyone! I feel completely humbled and blessed!



And what is a blog post without a picture of Jake! He had a bone in his mouth and it cracked me up because he looked like he was smiling...so of course I had to snap a picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Brant and I must have been practicing our chaperone prom pose! haha! And the pictures of baby Avery are so good!

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog! What a great way to keep up with your family. You are glowing, Ashley! I'm so excited about your upcoming addition to your family. Jake is adorable with the bone in his mouth.

Janice said...

I didn't mean to select Anonymous. LOL

Heather P. said...

Hi Ashley! I went to high school with Brooke V. and stumbled on your blog from hers. I just love your photography and sense of style. I wanted to pass on a very important Mommy tip since I know you must be getting tons of cute clothes for that baby girl. Yellow bar Dial soap and hot water will take out ANY stain. Just rub the soap in the fabric under hot water and scrub with your fingernails. It's magic! Best of luck!