Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Wonderful Day Off

Yesterday Phil had the day off work so after sleeping in until almost 8 and running some errands around here, we headed to Tuscaloosa to pick out our first real Christmas tree and do some Christmas shopping! For the first three years of our marriage, we have had a little 2 foot tall artificial Christmas tree that sat on our kitchen table in our apartment so I have been looking forward to having a real tree in our new home! I think we ended up coming home with the biggest tree they had...it scraped sap all over our ceiling when we brought it in the house and Phil had to trim the top branches off to keep it from bending up on the ceiling! We decorated the tree and listened to Christmas music and even built our first fire in the fireplace. I should have taken a picture of it after we finished with our lights and the few ornaments we have collected, but you get the idea (and a peek at my HUGE belly!)

Phil had to finish off the lights because I couldn't even reach on the chair. You can tell Jake is really enjoying the tree too!

I have to go to Tuscaloosa pretty frequently for groceries and doctor's appointments, but usually I am by myself...it is SO much better making a fun day of it with Phil! He indulged my cravings and we stopped for TCBY half way through the shopping and my favorite pizza for dinner on the way home...maybe that is why my belly is so big :)
Thank you Phil for spending your day off with me...I know it is hunting season and you could have been out in the woods! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, the tree is absolutely beautiful!

mom said...

Ashley, thank you for sharing your 1st Christmas tree story with all of us. Now we want pics of the finished tree and a better one of your belly!! What does Jake think about the tree now? Our cats like to sleep under our Christmas tree. Love you and Phil!