Our doctor's appointment went well yesterday. She said everything looked great! I'm measuring right on schedule at 36 weeks and she said she was no longer worried that we would have a big baby. She felt my stomach trying to guess the weight and said her best guess was around 5 1/2 lbs. She said the baby would probably gain no more than 1/2 lb every week until she is born so my chances of being able to deliver naturally are better than we originally thought as long as she doesn't get too big. (When I say naturally, I am NOT referring to no meds, just not having a c-section!...I am not that brave...planning on having an epidural). I was only about 1/2 cm dialated so not quite as much progress as I was hoping for, but she said that was normal. Everything right now points towards delivering closer to my due date, but she said we should be prepared because it could be any time now. Exciting!
And the veggie comparison for the week is a crenshaw melon...never heard of that!

On the way home last night I think it started to hit me and I began to get a little nervous about everything...especially labor and then even more than that, actually having a baby that is completely dependent on us! We went to an infant safety and CPR class last night at the hospital and I guess I had never really thought about what to do if our baby stopped breathing - it scared me to death! So if you think about it, please pray for the Lord to prepare us and calm our fears. We are so excited to meet our sweet daughter and cannot wait for her arrival!
9 comments:
Ash, this is so exciting!! We're praying for yall!
Glad to hear that all went well. You are going be great parents. There are some fun times ahead!
I was scared to death too! I had never had an IV much less been in the hospital before I had Bailey! It is scary but you will be fine, I promise!
Oh, I want to talk with you so badly! I am by no means an expert, but I have been through this in the last couple of weeks! I was nervous too, but I can honestly say that it (labor & delivery) is nothing like I thought and not nearly as bad! You'll do great! If you feel like chatting, message me your number on facebook and I'll give you a call! I am so excited for you!
I had my appointment today. I am not dilated at all, just 50% effaced. He keeps telling me she is really low. He also thinks I will make it to my due date.
I have been having the same feelings as you for about a month now. However, I believe we can do it....we kinda have to! = )
We need to plan an outing before the babies come. Maybe we could take supper over for Rebekah and Brad..... let me know when y'all are free.
Oh my gosh! yay! So soon, Ashley. I will be praying for you and Phil and sweet baby Emma Cate. I could never imagine you anything calm, you are going to do great!
It's normal to be anxious, just don't let it get in the way of the joy of becoming a mommy! One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:6-7, check it out!
You're in my prayers!
Still loving your posts!! I had Taylor @ 37 wks; my first and only child. Things could go quickly! I am praying that everything goes well and you and Phil can meet your precious daughter very soon. God Bless you all~
Hey...going no meds isn't that bad. :) This IS very exciting. :) Lots of prayers for you and that little one these last few weeks.
Post a Comment