Monday, June 23, 2008

Atlanta Weekend

This weekend we went to Atlanta for some of our friends wedding and we decided to pack the weekend with some other things we wanted to do as well. Friday night we went to our first Braves game. They lost, but we still had a great time. Our sweet friends, Miriam and Kenneth let us stay with them Friday and Saturday night and we had such a great time visiting with them! Saturday we spent the day shopping at some of the outlets. We bought a great rug at the Pottery Barn Outlet and got to visit with Karen and Bryan (they live right next to the outlets - I would LOVE that!) Karen and I have been friends since we were children and it was great to see where they are living and catch up.


Saturday night was Kendall and Lindsay's wedding. It was beautiful and they were so happy!

Then on Sunday we went with a group of friends to Six Flags! It was a lot of fun despite the heat. Phil and Brant got stuck at the top of the Georgia Cyclone for over 10 minutes. I was waiting for them at the bottom and saw them up there stopped and began to panic. It turned out someone had unbuckled their seat belt so they had to stop the ride and go up there to make sure it was fastened, then they had to wait for maintenance to turn it back on. It was fun though and I was brave and tried most of the new rides. It was a packed weekend and we were exhausted.
Thankfully I didn't have to go to work today - I went to Montgomery to spend the day with Ali as she is doing all the last minute preparations for her wedding (which will be here in less than two weeks!)

1 comment:

John and Brooke said...

So glad Phil finally got to go to Six Flags :)