Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Did I really do that!?

So I wanted to write a tribute to my dad for Father's Day and I had the perfect picture of us together when I was probably 3 or 4, but I can't seem to find it. I didn't even get a card to my dad for Father's Day despite my best intentions. I had picked out the perfect card early last week and gave it to Phil to take to my house in Montgomery and leave it for my dad because he had to go there last Wednesday. He called me on his way there to let me know he accidentally left it in my car. I wanted to make sure it got there in time, so I went out to my car, stuck a stamp on it and put it in our apartment's outgoing mail slot.

On Sunday, I called my dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day and asked him if he liked the card I sent. He didn't get it. I knew it should have been there by then and that's when it dawned on me - Since Phil was going to hand deliver it, I had just written "Dad" across the front. In my rush to get it in the mail, I didn't pay attention to what was written on it - just stuck a stamp on it and put it in the box. With no send to or return address, my wonderful card is somewhere out there with all the "Santa" letters. I'm sure at least the postman got a good laugh!

1 comment:

amy morriss said...

i love that you did that...it makes you human!