Friday, June 27, 2008

Brick Floors

Phil and I have been going around and around on our floor choices for the house. The plan is to do hardwood throughout (with tile in the bathrooms), but we keep going back and forth about the possibility of doing brick floors in the kitchen and sunroom. We saw some in a friends kitchen last weekend that we loved and my parents have it in their kitchen too and have loved it. It is so easy to maintain, can take heavy traffic and hides dirt really well. We aren't sure exactly what color we are looking for so I tried to find some different images so we could narrow down our likes and dislikes. If we do it, I think we are going to try to do it ourselves to save money and that could be interesting!

This first picture is probably closest to what we want - it was from Acadian Brick out of Louisiana.

Not really what we are going for...


I really like this one too - really the more rustic look where the bricks are all different shades.

Two neutral I think...


This one is a little too pink and black I think...



Love it around the stove!

This one may be a little too red...

I LOVE it on the wall like this!

What do you think? If you've seen this anywhere, please let me know.

3 comments:

JBFerguson said...

I love the first one, it is my favorite! I hope all is well with you and Phil.

amy morriss said...

f.y.i. i love the brick floors and think it adds so much to the room. cant wait to see your estate.

Karen Isbell said...

I love it too! I think it will help add texture to the house! definitely a fan of the first one and the ones with similar shades as the first one.